(PAGASA 24-HOUR PUBLIC WEATHER FORECAST as of Friday, 24 May 2024) ๐—ง๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—–๐˜†๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ #AghonPH ๐—ฎ๐—ณ๐—ณ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ณ ๐— ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฎ๐—ผ. ๐‹๐จ๐œ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐„๐ฒ๐ž/๐œ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ: at 5:ooam this morning, at 340 km East of Hinatuan, Surigao del Sur (08.6 °N, 129.4 °E ) ๐Œ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฆ๐ž๐ง๐ญ: Moving West Northwestward at 30 km/h ๐’๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐ก: Maximum sustained winds of 45 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 55 km/h ๐–๐ข๐ง๐ ๐’๐ข๐ ๐ง๐š๐ฅ: as of 05:00am TCWS no.1 Dinagat Islands, Siargao Islands, and Bucas Grande Islands.


Monday, 13 May 2024

San Agustin town receives Community-Based Monitoring System data from statistics office 

SAN AGUSTIN, Surigao del Sur (PIA) -- The Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) successfully turned over the  2022 Community-Based Monitoring System data to the local government unit (LGU) of San Agustin in Surigao del Sur on May 6 at the Legislative Building in San Agustin town.

According to Municipal Planning Development Office (MPDO) chief Gremar Lamela, “The LGU of San Agustin gladly welcomes the programs and projects of the government that aim for the development and progress of their town. With the implementation of the CBMS in 2022, the LGU accordingly disbursed almost P2.5 million as support to the program.”

"The implementation covered the data gathering from 13 barangays, support to the manpower and equipment for the data privacy, security, among others," Lamela said.

PSA Regional Chief Rosalinda Apura extended her gratitude to the local government unit of San Agustin, Surigao del Sur for the support given on the program implementation.

Dir. Apura announced that there will be a simultaneous  2024 Census of Population and Community-Based Monitoring System (POPCEN-CBMS) Barangay Profile Questionnaire (BPQ) Data Collection and the Listing of Service Facilities and Government Projects (SFGP) to commence in July 2024.

Apura appealed for the same support such as public awareness at the LGU level stating, "This time it will be funded  by the national government, unlike the 2022 CBMS which was funded by most of the LGUs."

Mayor Nicolas Alameda personally accepted the CBMS data turnover with the presence of the legislators headed by Vice Mayor Alex de Guzman, barangay officials, and LGU employees. The event was also witnessed by the representatives from the DILG, DICT, Provincial Planning Development Office, and Philippine Information Agency - Surigao del Sur Information Center personnel.

In his report, PSA Provincial Director Ruel Dres said, "Of the 4,628 responding households, 91.5 percent have access to electricity while the other 8.5 percent  reported without electricity. Barangay Buhisan has the largest share of households without electricity.”

For internet connections, 38 percent reported with internet access, while 62 percent  recorded without internet access. The majority of the households in 9 of 13 barangays do not have internet access.

According to Dres, San Agustin has a total population of 19,445, with 4,628 responding households from its 13 barangays.

Famous for its Britania Group of Islands, San Agustin is the 6th LGU to receive the CBMS data in the province after Carmen, Cagwait, Bayabas, Tago, and Lianga for the current year. (NGPB/PIA-Surigao del Sur)