(PAGASA 24-HOUR PUBLIC WEATHER FORECAST as of Tuesday, 05 March 2024) Northeast Monsoon affecting Luzon. Butuan City, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Dinagat Islands, Surigao del Norte and Surigao del Sur, will experience partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms due to Easterlies/Localized Thunderstorms. Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms. Moderate to strong winds coming from Northeast to East will prevail with moderate to rough seas (1.2 to 2.8 meters).

Monday, December 19, 2022

DSWD Caraga shares facts, results of Listahanan 3 database

By Jennifer P. Gaitano

BUTUAN CITY – The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) Caraga shared the results of the Listahanan 3 Household Assessment, during its launching on December 13, 2022 at Balanghai Hotel and Convention Center, this city.

On behalf of DSWD Field Office Caraga Regional Director Mari-flor Dollaga-Libang, Assistant Regional Director for Operation Jean Paul Parajes, bared that the total number of poor individuals based on Listahan 3 results is 1,440,474 or 60.4% of the total number of assessed individuals in the region. This is lower by 0.5% compared with the 2015 household assessment of 1,421,668 or 60.9%.

“The average household size among poor households in the region has decreased from 5.5 in 2015 to 5.3 in 2019. Declared household heads among the poor households in the region are mostly males with 84.1% and a median age of 41. Four out of five of these household heads are employed and engaged in elementary occupations with 38.3%,” said Parajes.

Data also showed that more than nine in every 10 poor households with children already have access to sanitary toilet facilities. Almost three-fourths of the poor households with children have access to a safe water source.

ARDO Parejes also expressed his dismay over the result which says that the magnitude of poor working children is recorded at 3,619 or 0.7% of the total poor children in the region aged 5 to 17 years old. “Almost all or 91.4% of these poor working children are not attending school for School Year 2019 to 2020,” he said.

It was learned that for the 2019-202 school year, nearly half or 47.9% of the poorest youth aged 15 to 24 are not attending school. Prevailing cases are mostly observed in the province of Agusan del Sur with 50.1%, followed by the City of Butuan having 49.2%.

“About two in every five poor youths aged 15 to 24 years old who are not attending school are married or have a common-law partner. More than 60% of these poor youth are unemployed, and that they are more likely to be females at 65.9% than males at 34.1%,” Parajes added.

Also, about seven in every 10 poor women aged 18 to 24 years old are not attending school. The majority of them are not employed at 81.2% and are living with their common-law partners at 46.4%.

Listahanan is an information management system that identifies who and where the poor are in the country. It seeks to gather relevant and meaningful data about poor households. “The data collection phase was implemented following the strategy of situation or total enumeration in all rural-classified barangays and pockets of poverty in all urban-classified barangays. Pockets of poverty refer to areas in the barangay where clusters of poor households reside,” explained Parajes. (JPG/PIA-Caraga)