(PAGASA 24-HOUR PUBLIC WEATHER FORECAST as of Friday, 23 September 2022) At 3:00 AM today, the Low Pressure Area (LPA) was estimated based on all available data at 1,265 km East of Central Luzon (17.7°N, 133.9°E). Southwest Monsoon affecting the western sections of Central and Southern Luzon. ACTIVE TROPICAL CYCLONE OUTSIDE PAR AS OF 3:00 AM TODAY TROPICAL DEPRESSION LOCATION: 1,775 KM EAST NORTHEAST OF EXTREME NORTHERN LUZON (25.5°N, 138.4°E) MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS: 45 KM/H NEAR THE CENTER GUSTINESS: UP TO 55 KM/H MOVEMENT: NORTHWESTWARD AT 25 KM/H . Place: SURIGAO DEL NORTE & DINAGAT ISLANDS Weather Condition: Partly cloudy to cloudy skies with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms. Caused by: Southwest Monsoon / Localized Thunderstorms Impacts: Possible flash floods or landslides during severe thunderstorms FORECAST WIND & COASTAL WATER CONDITIONS: Place: SURIGAO DEL NORTE, SIARGAO ISLANDS & DINAGAT ISLANDS Wind Speed: Slight to Moderate Wind Direction: Southwest to West Coastal Waters: Slight to Moderate / (0.6 to 2.1 meters OVER SURIGAO CITY: Maximum Temperature: 02:00 PM Yesterday ------ 34.9°C Minimum Temperature: 02:00 AM Today ------- 23.6°C Maximum Relative Humidity: 02:00 AM Today --- 88% Minimum Relative Humidity: 02:00 PM Yesterday ---- 54% TIDES: (Courtesy of NAMRIA) High Tide: 07:45 AM Today = 1.1 m Low Tide: 04:31 PM Today = 0.1 m Sunrise: Today: 05:27 AM Sunset: Today: 05:34 PM



Monday, August 15, 2022

Some 120 Bisliganons avail SPES program

BISLIG CITY, Surigao del Sur -- Some 120 Bisliganons were hired as beneficiaries of the Special Program for the Employment of Students (SPES).

They were designated to work in the different offices in the Local Government Unit of Bislig City and barangay LGUs.

Prior to their deployment, the SPES beneficiaries underwent a 2-day Orientation conducted last July 28 to 29, 2022, at the Brgy. Poblacion Gymnasium, in Bislig City. The activity was successfully facilitated by the Bislig City government headed by Mayor Florencio C. Garay, through the Public Employment Service Office (PESO), headed by Senior Labor Employment Officer, Ms. Laine S. Elechicon, in partnership with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE)-Surigao del Sur Provincial Office.

The resource speakers discussed various topics, like Health Awareness, Covid-19 Updates/ Protocol, and Sex Education; Work Values, and Ethics; and the SPES program was elaborated. Ms. ELechicon on the other hand tackled the LGU Government Employees' Work Policies/Guidelines and Deployment was also tackled by Ms Elechicon during the Orientation.
 
Each of the beneficiaries completing the 20-day work period will receive a salary amounting to Php 9,846.40. The LGU-Bislig will shoulders the 60% of their salary and the DOLE will provide the remaining  40%.

Also, face masks, alcohol, and snacks were distributed to the participants during the conduct of the SPES orientation. DOLE-Surigao del Sur Provincial Director Genebelle B. Bal, graced the said activity.

The SPES is DOLE’s youth employment-bridging program aimed to provide temporary employment to poor but deserving students, out-of-school youth, and dependents of displaced or would-be displaced workers during summer to augment the family’s income to help ensure that beneficiaries are able to pursue their education. (CIO-BIslig/PIA-SUrigao del Sur)