6

(PAGASA 24-HOUR PUBLIC WEATHER FORECAST as of Sunday, 23 August 2026) At 3:00 AM today, the center of Tropical Depression "NENENG" was estimated based on all available data at 675 km East of Itbayat, Batanes (21.3°N, 128.5°E) with maximum sustained winds of 55 km/h near the center and gustiness of up to 70 km/h. It is moving Westward at 15 km/h. Southwest Monsoon affecting Luzon and the western section of Visayas. TC Information TROPICAL CYCLONE OUTSIDE PAR AS OF 3:00 AM TODAY TROPICAL DEPRESSION LOCATION: 3,090 KM EAST OF NORTHEASTERN MINDANAO (8.1°N, 154.4°E) MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS: 55 KM/H NEAR THE CENTER GUSTINESS: UP TO 70 KM/H MOVEMENT: WESTWARD SLOWLY TROPICAL DEPRESSION LOCATION: 670 KM WEST OF CALAYAN, CAGAYAN (19.2°N, 115.1°E) MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS: 45 KM/H NEAR THE CENTER GUSTINESS: UP TO 55 KM/H MOVEMENT: WESTWARD AT 20 KM/H. Localized Thunderstorms ang makaapekto sa rehiyon sa Caraga.


Tuesday, May 4, 2021

P17-billion aid disbursed in NCR-Plus, says interior chief

The government has so far distributed P17 billion out of the P22.9 billion instructed by the President Rodrigo Roa Duterte be given to low-income families in the NCR-Plus, the interior and local government secretary said on Monday.

President Rodrigo Roa Duterte presides over a meeting with the Inter-Agency Task Force on the Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) core members prior to his talk to the people at the Malacañang Golf (Malago) Clubhouse in Malacañang Park, Manila on May 3, 2021. KING RODRIGUEZ/ PRESIDENTIAL PHOTO

In his report to the President, Interior and Local Government Secretary Eduardo Año said the amount benefitted 17,037,122 beneficiaries out of the total of 22,915,422 beneficiaries.

In Metro Manila, the government disbursed P8.6 billion; Bulacan, P2.1 billion; Cavite, P2.1 billion; Laguna, P2.3 billion; and Rizal, P1.7 billion.

“So patuloy po ang pagdi-distribute ng ating mga ayuda. At sa ngayon po ay mayroon tayong natanggap na 59,669 complaints. Na-resolve na po ang 24,421; under deliberation ay 39,781; at ang iba naman ay in-endorse po natin sa ibang ahensya,” Año reported.

“Ang target po natin ay lahat ng complaint na ito ay maresolba at masagot ng ating mga LGUs bago dumating ang May 15, at totally 100 percent po maipamahagi ang lahat ng ayuda.”

Meanwhile, Año said the DILG issued a memorandum circular to local chief executives, Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM) minister of local government, DILG regional directors, and the chief of the Philippine National Police (PNP), defining the roles of the local officials in the implementation of minimum public health standard and prohibition on mass gatherings.

Based on the President’s order, governors, mayors and barangay captains were mandated to carry out the IATF guidelines on the prohibition on mass gathering such as parties, fiestas, cockfights and other events.

“Ang PNP po ay tutulong sa ating mga local chief executives sa pagpapatupad nito. Pero ang PNP po ay --- they will go after the violators and even against local chief executives na hindi magpapatupad ng mga batas,” Año said.

Local chief executives were supposed to enforce the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) guidelines as well as RA 11332, especially section 9 paragraph D and paragraph E, Mandatory Reporting of Notifiable Disease[s] and Health Events of Public Health Concern Act.

Local officials may face administrative and criminal charges if they fail to enforce the law and prosecute violators, Año said, adding the PNP is also ready to make arrests if necessary.

The officials were also mandated to create a citizen’s feedback mechanism by putting up complaint centers and hotline numbers where the public can ventilate its grievances. 

“So ipatutupad po namin ito at mahigpit po nating sisiguruhin na walang magaganap na mga mass gathering habang tayo po ay nasa ilalim ng mga community quarantine lalo na sa MECQ,” he said.  PND