11.09.2015

Monday, November 9, 2015

DTI holds online business registration training in Surigao Norte town

By Rodrigo R. Matabaran

SURIGAO CITY, Surigao del Norte, Nov. 9 (PIA) - The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) provincial office conducted a training on Online Business Registration at Claver Municipal Hall on Nov. 4, 2015 for their Business Permit Licensing Office (BPLO) staff.

The activity is undertaken in preparation for the operationalization of Bottom Up Budgeting (BUB) funded online business registration project of the Claver municipal government in coordination with DTI.

According to DTI provincial director Celestino L. Negapatan, once fully operational this month, the project will enable the processing of DTI Business Name registration certificate right at the BPLO office of the municipality.

Hence, business applicants will no longer travel to the city just to apply for business name before applying business permit with the local government unit.  Owners of single proprietorship establishment in the neighboring municipalities and barangays may also avail of this business name registration service, Negapatan said.

This initiative also aims to reduce the cost of doing business particularly that of the small entrepreneurs and further improve the business registration mechanism of the municipality.

Director Negapatan and Claver mayor Eddie P. Gokiangkee pushed for the implementation of the said project along with its effort to improve the LGUs competitiveness.

In 2015, Claver showed significant improvement in the cities and municipalities competiveness index (CMCI) ranking of which it is placed the 51st most competitive among 462 1st and 2nd Class municipalities throughout the country. In 2014, it is ranked 82nd among 399 municipalities that participated CMCI.

The training was attended by Business Permit Licensing Officer Paul Niño D. Yu and some LGU staff. (SDR/DTI-Surigao del Norte/PIA-Surigao del Norte)


AFP pours in additional battalion to SurSur

By Greg Tataro Jr.

TANDAG CITY, Surigao del Sur, Nov. 9 (PIA) – The Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) has added another battalion to its strength in Surigao del Sur.

Lt. Col. Gaspar Panopio, 2nd Special Forces Battalion commander of the Philippine Army (PA) has already paid a courtesy call on Governor Johnny Pimentel on Wednesday.

In fact, he was also able to attend the closed-door meeting called by the governor with both officials of the AFP and PNP on the updates of the manhunt operation against Lumad slay suspects—Loloy Tejero, Bobby Tejero, and Garito Layno—all facing murder and other related criminal charges at the Lianga Regional Trial Court (RTC).

Earlier, while waiting for the governor to arrive, Col. Isidro Purisima, 402nd Infantry Brigade commander, told media that aside from 2nd SF battalion, two companies of army Special Forces, respectively from 7th and 9th had already been under him.

These “SF companies” had been tasked as “maneuvering forces,” he added.

It was learned that the new battalion, which came all the way from Bohol province, would set up their headquarters in Barangay Tina, San Miguel town, 31 kilometers south, this city.

With this new development, the province is now home not only to 36IB and 75IB, but also to 2nd Special Forces battalion apart from the two SF companies, it was learned. (NGBT/Radyo ng Bayan-Tandag/PIA Surigao del Sur)


P200K bounty up for each primary suspects in Lumad slay in SurSur

By Greg Tataro Jr.

TANDAG CITY, Surigao del Sur, Nov. 9 (PIA) – A P200,000 reward each for the capture of three suspects on the September 1 Lumad killings here was set.

The announcement came from Governor Johnny Pimentel himself during the brief visit of the clergies of the Iglesia Filipina Independiente (IFI)  last week although he did not categorically state the amount.

He also told the visiting clergies about the dismal performance of both the PNP and the AFP here with the joint Task Force Bangkaw tasked to go after Loloy Tejero, Bobby Tejero, and Garito Layno, all facing three counts of murder, arson, grave coercion, and robbery.

He said that more than 60 days had already passed but the suspects had remained scot-free since the incident happened.

The governor was also requested by the visiting church people during their Mindanao Bishops’ Conference here to narrate the whole story of how the “evacuees” came about.  It had drawn empathy.

Meanwhile, when asked to comment on the reward, both P/SSupt. Narciso Verdadero and Col. Isidro Purisima of the PNP and AFP, respectively, replied that the bounty raised would help the joint effort track down the suspects. (NGBT/Radyo ng Bayan-Tandag/PIA-Surigao del Sur)