8.31.2014

Friday, August 29, 2014

AgSur upgrades TINA water system

PROSPERIDAD, Agusan del Sur, August 29 (PIA) – The Provincial Engineering Office (PEO) here has recently upgraded its biosand facilities in the beneficiary farflung villages to address the impending problem of the unsanitary water system in the countryside.

PEO field engineers immediately took such move in the wake of reports that there was positive existence of Escherichia coli or e. coli bacteria based on the study conducted by an expert from partner NGO, the Mindanao Baptist Rural Life Center.

The engineers however took necessary measures to address the water source problem.

The upgrade at the same time solved the low water pressure coming out from its sources which earlier caused several beneficiaries to no longer use the biosand filter.

The delivery of safe drinking water in the remote areas in the province forms part of the province’s one of the major thrusts which is “Tubig Imnonon Natong Agusanon (TINA)” which stands for the name of former governor and now First District Representative Maria Valentina “Tina” Plaza.

Tina was conceptualized to address the scarcity of potable water in the countryside even as the province has been blessed with abundant lakes, rivers and springs.

According to 2005 Community Based Monitoring System data, only 68 percent of the 109,103 total household population are being served with potable and safe drinking water. Out of the 74,170 households served with potable water, 930 depended on purified bottled water; 13,176 are served with Level III; 26,286 served with Level II and; and 33,275 with Level I.

Field engineer Julie Burlat conceptualized and initiated the upgraded biosand which worked well than the previous version. So far, there are three types of facilities of which 67 units of biosand were upgraded apart from 205 units rain collector and three units of spring development projects already completed.

TINA projects served 10,189 households for 13 towns and one city. (DMS/Cherry Galarion, PIO-designate, PEO/PIA-Agusan del Sur)


Senate approves more allowances for soldiers, cops

BUTUAN CITY, August 29 (PIA) - Senator Antonio Trillanes IV, chairman of the Senate national defense and security committee, said the Senate finally approved the joint resolution that will give more allowances to Filipino soldiers and other uniformed personnel.

“The Senate Joint Resolution No. 2 or the resolution increasing the subsistence allowance of soldiers and other uniformed personnel to P150 from P90 starting on January 1, 2015 has been passed on third and final reading in the Senate,” said Trillanes in a press conference here.

Trillanes, principal author and sponsor of the said measure, said "by providing a modest increase on the existing subsistence allowance of our uniformed personnel, we hope to uplift their morale and recognize their sacrifices for this country."

Those covered are the officers, enlisted personnel candidate soldiers, probationary second lieutenants, and civilian active auxiliaries of the Armed Forces of the Philippines; the commissioned and non-commissioned personnel of the Philippine National Police, Bureau of Fire Protection, and Bureau of Jail Management and Penology; the cadets of the Philippine Military Academy and the Philippine National Police Academy; and the Philippines Coast Guard.

The counterpart resolution at the House of Representatives was filed by Magdalo Party-list Rep. Ashley Acedillo and Gary Alejano.

The proposed measure is still pending at the House of Representatives. (FEA/OAFT/PIA-Caraga)


Surigao City to celebrate 44th charter day anniv

SURIGAO CITY, Aug. 29 (PIA) - The city government here will commemorate its 44th charter day anniversary celebration on August 31, infront of the City Hall with the theme, “Padajon na Pagtinabangay para sa Kalamboan nan ato Syudad."

This year’s celebration will kick-off with the 1st Surigao Marathon dubbed as “Jagan para sa Dakbayan” that will start at 1:00 a.m. followed by a Thanksgiving Mass at 6:30 a.m. to be held at the City Cathedral.

The formal opening of the celebration will start at 8:00 a.m. with the singing of the national anthem to be led by the City Chorale Ensemble then the raising of the Philippine Flag to be led by Surigao City Mayor Ernesto T. Matugas, governor Sol F. Matugas, vice mayor Danilo C. Menor, vice gov. Arturo Carlos Egay, Jr, all city councilors and provincial board members.

During the celebration, Shuley Mine Incorporated will turn-over one unit ambulance to the city government's rescue unit, while the THPAL Mining Corporation and Taganito Mining Corporation will hand-over a check worth P2.5 million as their donation for the construction of the city Philippine National Police building.

The last part of the celebration is the charter anniversary grand parade at around 3:00 p.m. to be followed by the awarding of prizes for best float, best marching band and best marching cadet.

The city was establised pursuant to Republic Act No. 6134, it was then converted to a chartered city on August 31, 1970 with Pedro Espina as its first city mayor. (SDR/PIA-Surigao del Norte)


Tagalog News: Walang basihan para patalsikin ang Pangulo, suportado pa rin ng mga tao ang “daang matuwid” na adyenda, sabi ng opisyal ng Palasyo

Ni David M. Suyao

AGUSAN DEL SUR, Agosto 29 (PIA) - Naniniwala ang Palasyo na walang basihan sa reklamong pagpapatalsik na inihain laban kay Pangulong Benigno S. Aquino III na ang adyendang reporma ay sinusuportahan pa rin ng mga tao, sabi ng isang opisyal noong Miyerkoles.

“Naniniwala kami na walang basihan para dyan,” sabi ni Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda sa isang panayam sa media.

Sinabi ng komitiba ng hudikatura ng Kamara noong Martes na ang tatlong reklamo ng pagpapatalsik na inihain laban sa Pangulo ay tukma sa kanyang porma na ang ibig sabihin, ang reklamo ay tukma sa pangangailangan para isumite ang beripikadong reklamo sa ilalaim ng batas na magpatalsik.

Ang mga di kakampi ng administrasyon ay may karapatan sa kanilang opinyon at sila ay maaring magsamantala sa proseso na nakasaad sa Konstitusyon, sabi ni Lacierda.

 “Pero ang karamihan ng mga Pilipino ay nasa aming panig sa tuwid na daan. Naniniwala kaming ang Pangulo ay hindi gumawa ng anumang opensiba na magpapatalsik sa kanya,” dagdag niya.

Dagdag pa ni Lacierda na ang mga miyembro ng Kongreso ay makikita rin na walang merito sa mga alegasyon laban sa Pangulo.

Habang ang mga pagdinig ay mahalagang pagtalakay sa Kongreso, sabi niya na ang Palasyo ay mas pinahalagahan ang mga suliranin sa bansa kesa mga reklamong pagpatalsik.

“Ang mas binigyan naming ng pansin an gang talagang pagtugon sa lahat ng nauukol sa bansa na nakakaapekto sa ating mamamayan,” sabi niya. (DMS/PIA-Agusan del Sur)


Tagalog News: Pamumuhunan sa tao, panlipunang proteksyon para manatili ang ekonomiya, sabi ni Pangulong Aquino

Ni David M. Suyao

AGUSAN DEL SUR, Agosto 29 (PIA) - Ang patuloy na pag-angat ng ekonomiya ng Pilipinas ay mapanatili ng administrasyon sa pamamagitan ng masinsinang mga programang pagpaunlad ng mga tao at panlipunang proteksyon, sabi ni Pangulong Benigno S. Aquino III.

Sa isang eksklusibong panayam sa Bombo Radyo Pilipinas noong Miyerkoles, sinabi ng Pangulo na siya ay naniniwala na ang pinakamalaking rekurso ng bansa ay ang kanyang mga tao, kaya matindi ang pamumuhunan ng pamahalaan sa kanyang mga mamamayan lalo na sa edukasyon at pangkalusugan.

Sabi niya na ang sentro ng pagpalakas sa mga tao ay makikita sa paglawak ng programang conditional cash transfer para itulot ang mga anak ng mga benepisaryong pamilya na makatapos ng sekondarya para maitaas ang kanilang pagkakataong makapagtrabaho.

Nabanggit din niya ang 300 porsyento na pagtaas ng badyet para sa pangkalusugan para mapalawak ang saklaw sa  pandaigdigang pangkalusugan kasali na ang mga sakit na dala ng mga sakuna.

Sinabi ng Punong Ehekutibo na inatasan din niya ang mga gabinete na magtrabaho ng mabilisan sa paglinis ng mga administratibong balakid na siyang dahilan ng pagkupad ng tustusin sa loob ng kalahating taon.

Ayon kay Secretary Arsenio Balisacan ng National Economic Development Authority, ang nagastos ng pamahalaan noong Hunyo ay tumaas ng halos 45 porsyento at tiwala ang administrasyon na ang pamahalaan ay makahabol sa kanyang nakaprogramang mga gagawin para sa buong taon. (DMS/PIA-Agusan del Sur)


Cebuano News: Presidente Aquino milaom pagsumiter sa draft sa Bangsamoro Basic Law sa Kongreso sa dili madugay

SURIGAO DEL SUR, Agosto 29 (PIA) - Si Presidente Benigno S. Aquino III miingon nga sa kadaghan sa mga isyu sa draft sa Bangsamoro Basic Law nga naresolba, gilayon kini sa dili madugay nga maisumiter na ngadto sa Kongreso.

“Kini matan-aw nato nga maduso o mahimo nga ipadala na ngadto sa Kongreso, malaumon sa dili madugay, ang usa ka balaodnon nga gikauyonan sa tanan nga mga stakeholders (Mukhang maisusulong na natin o maihahain na sa Kongreso, sana sa lalong madaling panahon, ang isang panukalang batas na sinasangayunan ng lahat ng stakeholders)," siya miingon atol sa usa ka pakighinabi sa Bombo Radyo niadtong Miyerkules.

Ang bag-o nga pagduki sa draft nga balaod nagatutok sa mga detalye aron sa pagsiguro nga sila anaa  nagasubay sa mga panginahanglan sa balaod, ang presidente miingon, sa pagdugang nga ang usa ka panagtigum nakatakda nga gipahigayon kagahapon (Agosto 28) aron sa paghisgot sa maong draft.

“Bug-os nga makuti ang pagtuon sa matag seksyon ug bahin niini nga Bangsamoro Basic Law tungod kay kita nag-apas nga ang usa ka balaodnon mahatag sa atoang mga kaigsoonan sa Bangsamoro ang ilahang gilauman og gihatagan usab og kampante nga panghunahuna ang mga kasilinganan nila nga maapektahan sa maong balaod (Talagang masusing inaaral bawat isang section at bahagi nitong Bangsamoro Basic Law dahil hinahabol nga natin ang isang panukalang batas na maibibigay sa ating mga kapatid sa Bangsamoro iyong kanilang inaasam-asam at binibigyan din naman ng kapanatagan ng loob iyong mga kapit-bahay nila na maapektuhan nitong batas na ito),"  siya miingon.

Sa pagpangutana mahitungod sa talaan sa panahon sa pagpasa sa balaod sa Bangsamoro, siya miingon nga kini magadepende sa mga diskusyon sa Kongreso.

Ang gobyerno bisan gusto nga ang “transitional authority” nga dunay sa labing menos usa ka tuig ug tunga sa pagpalambo ngano nga ang gisugyot nga sistema mao ang labaw nga angayan alang sa Bangsamoro, miingon siya.

“Giapas nato nga adunay plebesito sa katapusan niining tuiga, kung mamahimo, og depende na usab kini sa diskusyon sa Kongreso ngadto sa balaod tungod kay ang giapas nato nga adunay usa ka tuig og tunga man lang nga mapakita sa transitional authority ngano nga mas haom ang gisugyot nga sistema nila sa pagpadagan sa Bangsamoro (Hinahabol natin na magkaroon ng plebiscite by the end of this year, kung pupwede, at depende nga ito sa talakayan ng Kongreso doon sa batas dahil ang hinahabol natin magkaroon ng one year and a half man lang na maipakita ‘nung transitional authority kung bakit mas angkop ang sistemang iminumungkahi nila sa pagpapatakbo ng Bangsamoro),” ang presidente miingon.

Si presidential peace adviser Teresita Deles bag-ohay lang miingon nga pareho ang gobyerno ug ang Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) peace panel miuyon sa mga importante nga mga isyu, ug mao kini ang hinungdan nga sila nakahukom sa pagduso sa draft ngadto sa Presidente.

Ang draft sa Bangsamoro Basic Law gisumite ngadto kang Presidente Aquino niadtong Miyerkules sa miaging semana.

Sa higayon nga ang draft nga balaod aprobahan sa Kongreso, ang plebisito ipahigayon ug ang transition authority pagaumolon sa pagpangandam alang sa pagpahigayon sa usa ka election sa Bangsamoro sa tuig 2016.


Si presidente Aquino misaad nga moduso sa pagpahigayon sa usa ka patas ug demokratikong eleksyon sa rehiyon sa dili pa siya mobiya sa buhatan sa tuig 2016.  (NGBT/PND/PIA-Surigao del Sur)