Surigao City opens One-Stop Shop processing of permits
By Susil D. Ragas
SURIGAO CITY, Jan. 3 (PIA) -- The Surigao City government's One-Stop Shop issuance of business permits and licenses officially opened yesterday, January 2 at the City Gymnasium, this city.
The formal opening was led by City Mayor Ernesto Matugas along with other local officials and members of the Surigao Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SCCI).
SCCI president Willy Gan said the one-stop shop will open from Monday to Saturday, 8 am to 10 pm and will run until midnight of January 20, 2013.
He further said that SCCI will be giving away housewares items for the first 10 applicants during the raffle draw on Friday, January 4, 2013.
Meanwhile, the Surigao City Business Permits and Licensing Office encouraged business owners to come and apply or renew their licenses now to avoid inconvenience and prevent them from paying the penalty.
The setting up of a one-stop shop is a continuing commitment of the city government to provide convenience to business owners for application and renewal of their business permits wherein national agencies like Department of Trade and Industry, Social Security System, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Department of Labor and Employment, Home Mutual Development Fund and Philhealth gathered in one place for an efficient and effective processing of business permits and licenses.
The requirements for the renewal of business permits are the following: previous year business permit with O.R. Barangay Clearance (2 copies), CEDULA, SSS Clearance (2 copies), Fire Safety Seminar Certificate of Attendance (Photocopy), TIN, SEC Registration for Corporation, Business Name Registration with DTI, Contractor’s License issued by the Philippine Contractors Accreditation Board (PCAB) in case of General Specialty & Engineering Contractor, Cooperative Development Authority Registration for Cooperative and 2 pieces 2x2 ID picture. (FEA/SDR/PIA-Surigao del Norte)
DOH-Caraga reports 25 firecracker-related cases in New Year revelry
By Robert E. Roperos
BUTUAN CITY, Jan. 3 (PIA) – The Department of Health (DOH)-Center for Health Development (CHD)-Caraga today reported 25 firecracker-related cases in the region during New Year's eve celebrations.
The health department in the region said these cases were reported by the different sentinel hospitals in Caraga.
Of these cases, 14 are active which means that the victims are the ones who lighted the firecrackers.
Also, the region’s health department has recorded (nine) passive cases (either onlookers or bystanders) and two victims of stray bullets.
The DOH said majority of the injuries are burn/blasting and lacerations. However, there is one eye injury case needing further referral, and one victim of stray bullet referred to higher facility. Most of the cases or 21 out of 25 were treated at the ER/OPD in hospitals and Rural Health Units.
The ages of victims ranged from two to 63. Majority, 23 out of 25, of the cases were males. The types of firecrackers used were Piccolo (20), bawang (one), flying tiger dragon (one), stray bullet (two) and unidentified (one), the DOH said.
Agusan del Sur was recorded to have the highest number of cases with nine, followed by Surigao City (eight), Surigao del Norte (four), Butuan City (two), Surigao del Sur and Tandag City with one each.
According to DOH-CHD Caraga Regional Information Officer Sunshine Alipayo, the number of firecracker-related cases increased this year as compared to 23 cases last year, or an increase of eight percent.
Meanwhile, the Philippine National Police (PNP) here reported that the New Year was celebrated peacefully in all provinces in the region. (RER/PIA-Caraga)
Operasyon Ayos Atip successful in Lingig town
By Nida Grace B. Tranquilan
SURIGAO DEL SUR, Jan. 3 (PIA) -- Following the typhoon Pablo which devastated Lingig town of this province earlier last month, A number of families in Sitio Hanipaan, Poblacion and Sitio Sayon, Brgy Mahayahay, victims of typhoon Pablo, benefited from “Operasyon Ayos Atip," a collaborative effort of the Philippine Army under Col Romeo Gan of the 401st Brigade with the 75IB, 29IB & 36IB; Tesda; and the provincial government office led by Governor Johnny Pimentel.
The activity, conducted on December 27-30, has reportedly repaired at least 22 houses, 75IB CMO Officer Jolito Borces said.
Tesda Director Rey Cueva said that some of the victims had requested “nipa (palm)” roofs as replacement, after their roof was destroyed by the typhoon.
Meanwhile, Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction Officer Mayosito Dano said, out of 124 households living in Sitio Hanipaan, part of Barangay Poblacion, 29 houses were reported to have been totally damaged and the rest were partially damaged.
In a related development, services of Smart Communications was just restored on January 1 in Lingig town while Globe was reportedly restored earlier while power lines was not restored yet in most southern part barangays except Poblacion and some nearby barangays, Dano added. (NGBT/PIA-Surigao del Sur)
Contact Center ng Bayan just a text away
BUTUAN CITY, Jan. 3 (PIA) -- With its continuing effort to improve public service delivery, citizens may now access the CCB via SMS by sending a text message to 090-888-16565.
The government's central helpline, which is dubbed as Contact Center ng Bayan (CCB) is accessible nationwide by dialing 1-6565 using PLDT, Smart, and Digital landlines, Mondays to Fridays, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Each call to 1-6565 is charged P5 plus VAT.
Civil Service Commission (CSC) Chairman Francisco T. Duque III said that in opening this additional channel or means for reaching CCB, it will make it easier and more convenient for the public to complain about inefficiency, discourtesy, and fixing in government services. Accessibility of CCB via SMS started last December 3, 2012.
For CCB's initial implementation, six agencies - CSC, National Computer Center, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Philippine Health Insurance Corporation, Department of Health, and Department of Trade and Industry - have electronically interconnected their call centers to the CCB.
Citizens may call the CCB for instances of red tape and poor quality service in government agencies, such as fixing or collusion with fixers, disruption of service during lunch break, no Citizen's Charter posted within the agency premises, and imposition of additional fees or requirements not stated in the Citizen's Charter.
The CCB is anchored on the Anti-Red Tape Act (ARTA) of 2007, a law which aims to improve public service delivery. (RER/CSC-13/PIA-Caraga)
Tagalog news: Pandaigdigang organisasyon tutulong sa mga biktima ng bagyong Pablo sa Agusan del Sur
Ni David M. Suyao
AGUSAN DEL SUR, Enero 2 (PIA) -- Isang pandaigdigang pribadong organisasyon o NGO ang nangakong magbibigay ng tulong sa dalawang bayan na sobrang nasalanta ng bagyong Pablo sa lalawigan ng Agusan del Sur.
Ayon sa tanggapan ng Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC), ang Save the Children Foundation ay magbibigay ng malinis na patubig sa mga barangay ng Awao, Sayon at Angas sa bayan ng Sta. Josefa at sa barangay Sinobong, Candiis at Del Monte sa bayan ng Veruela bilang tugon sa pangangailangan ng malinis ng tubig ng mga residente roon.
Sa kasalukuyan, ang pamahalaang panlalawigan, sa pamamagitan ng mga bumbero ng Bureau of Fire Protection ang siyang naghahatid ng malinis na tubig para mainom ng mga residente sa naturang mga barangay.
Ang dalawang bayan na ito, kasama na ang mga bayan ng Trento at Bunawan ay ang mga bayan na sobrang nasalanta ng bagyong Pablo na nag-iwan ng labis-labis na pagkasira ng mga ari-arian, agrikultura at imprastraktura kaya't labis na naapektuhan ang mga residente.
Bilang tugon sa kabutihan ng nasabing NGO, pinag utos ni Bog. Adolph Edward Plaza ang pagbuo ng isang technical working group na binubuo ng mga tauhan galling sa Provincial Engineering Office, Provincial Health Office, Provincial Environment and Natural Resources Office, Agusan del Sur Enonomic Research and Business Assistance Center at ng Provincial Social Welfare and Development Office na siyang magbibigay ng tulong na kailangan ng nasabing NGO sa panahon ng paggawa ng patubig.
Ayon sa pinakahuling pagsisiyasat ng PDRRMC, may humigit kumulang sa 13,000 katao mula sa Sta. Josefa at mahigit 16,000 din katao mula sa Veruela ang hanggang ngayon ay nakatira pa rin sa mga pansamantalang tirahan na mga tents matapos na lubusang sirain ng bagyo ang kanilang mga bahay.
Sa kasalukuyan, abala pa rin ang mga boluntaryo na nasa Oplan Pablo Operation Center sa pag impake ng mga pagkain at iba pang mga pangangailangan ng mga biktima ng bagyo sa mga apektadong lugar. (RER/DMS/PIA-Caraga)
Cebuano news: Gobyernong Aquino pabilin nga maningkamot aron marekober ang ill-gotten wealth sa mga marcoses ug mga cronies
Ni Susil D. Ragas
SURIGAO CITY, Enero 3 (PIA) -- Ang administrasyong Aquino magpabilin nga maningkamot aron marekober ang mga kinawat nga mga bahandi sa pamilya ug mga cronies ni kanhi Pangulong Ferdinand Marcos ug ipadayon ang mga kasong pagpangawkaw ug korupsyon kon ugaling ang Kongreso modesider nga wagtangon na ang Presidential Commission on Good Government (PCGG) matud ni Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda kagahapon.
Matud pa ni Lacierda nga itunol sa PCG ang pending nga mga kaso ngadto sa Department of Justice (DOJ) kon ugaling wagtangon ang maong commission ug kini wala magpasabot nga ang mga kasong pagpangawkaw ug korupsyon batok kanila mahanaw na.
Gibutyag usab ni Lacierda nga niadtong ulahing bahin sa bulan sa Disyembre tuig 2010 gisugyot ni PCGG Chair Andres Bautista ngadto sa Malacañang nga wagtangon na ang PCGG ug himoon na lamang kining usa ka Institusyon alang sa Good Governance apan kini wala pay diskusyon ug wala pay pinal nga desisyon ang Pangulo mahitungod niini.
Kung mahinundoman ang PCGG gimugna ni Pangulong Corazon C. Aquino niadtong 1986 aron marekober ang mga kinawat nga bahandi atol sa rehimeng Marcos. (RER/SDR/PIA-Surigao del Norte)