10.12.2011

PIA News Service - Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Tropical Storm ‘Ramon’ affects 164 individuals in Dinagat Islands

by FEAbkilan

SURIGAO CITY, Oct. 12 (PIA) --
Continuous rains due to Tropical Storm ‘Ramon’ have affected 33 families or 164 individuals in the province of Dinagat Islands.

Provincial Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (PDRRMC) Deputized Coordinator Rosario Roxas reported that the affected families were immediately housed at their respective evacuation centers while others opted to stay in their relatives’ houses.

Roxas said the Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (MDRRMC) of Dinagat recorded a minor landslide which occurred in Barangay Wadas. “One household with four individuals were affected and they are evacuated in their relatives’ houses,” said Roxas.

In San Jose town, Roxas said the MDRRMC reported 14 families or 70 individuals from Brgy. Luna evacuated at Luna Elementary School. She also said that 18 families or 90 individuals were evacuated in Brgy. Don Ruben. “15 families were brought to Brgy. Hall while the three families sought refuge at the Philippine Benevolent Missionaries Association (PBMA) Chapter building,” Roxas added.

Roxas said the council was able to extend human resources to flood victims in San Jose. She also said the local DRRMC of the said town has already extended one sack of rice, three boxes of sardines and 30 pcs of noodles to the affected evacuees of Brgy. Luna.

In Libjo, the Municipal DRRMC of Libjo has reportedly distributed five kilos rice, four cans sardines, and five pieces noodles per household.

“Other MDRRMCs in the province have their 24-hour alert and monitoring and continuous coordination to its member-agencies and Barangay DRRMCs,” Roxas said.
No casualties/injuries were also reported.

As of press time, the entire province is still under public storm signal number 2. Classes in the pre-school, elementary and secondary level are still suspended.

As of 5 a.m. Wednesday, Tropical Storm "RAMON" was 80 km East Northeast of Surigao City with maximum sustained winds of 65 kph near the center with gustiness of up to 80 kph. It is forecast to move Northwest at 17 kph, the Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical Astronomical Services Administration said. (PIA-Surigao del Norte)

.
No evacuees, casualties as TD ‘Ramon’ hits Surigao City

by Susil D. Ragas

SURIGAO CITY, Oct. 12 (PIA)
-- No families were evacuated as of Wednesday morning as Tropical Depression ‘Ramon’ hits the entire city and province, the Surigao City and Surigao del Norte Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Councils (DRRMCs) said.

According to Vice Mayor Danila C. Menor, acting Surigao City Mayor, since yesterday, no families were evacuated because the situation is still manageable and no flooding was reported. But he assured the public that the council is always on alert.

Although the present weather situation is already improving, Menor still urged the public to be vigilant and cautious.

Meantime, acting Surigao del Norte Gov. Mamerto Galanida said that as far as PDRRMC is concerned, no families were evacuated and no casualties or injuries had been recorded.

Over the last 24 hours, Tropical Depresssion “Ramon” has weakened into a Tropical Depression after interacting with the land mass of Eastern Visayas & Northeastern Mindanao, thus, Philippine Atmospheric Geophysical Astronomical Services Administration (PAGASA) lifted the public storm signal in the provinces of Mindanao.


As of 11 am today, PAGASA said the Tropical Depression ‘Ramon’ was estimated based on satellite and surface data at 30km Northeast of Roxas City with maximum sustained winds of 55 kph near the center. It is forecasted to move towards Southern Mindoro and Calamian Group Area. (PIA-Surigao del Norte)

.
DepEd lifts suspension of classes in Butuan City today

by Robert E. Roperos

BUTUAN CITY, Oct. 12 (PIA)
-- The Department of Education (DepEd) Butuan City Division has lifted today the suspension of classes declared yesterday due to typhoon “Ramon.”

In an interview with Prof. Israel Reveche, who also made the announcement of the suspension of classes yesterday, said since the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services (PAGASA) has removed the city in the list of those affected with the storm signal, it is already safe to send the children to their respective schools.

Reveche further said the Division Office was not able to receive report of flooding in any schools in the city which prompted their office to issue a directive to lift the suspension of classes.


It can be recalled that classes in the pre-school and elementary were suspended Tuesday due to bad weather brought by tropical depression “Ramon” which is now affecting the provinces in the Visayas region. (PIA-Caraga)

.
Agusan Norte LGU sets Provincial Youth Congress

by Maria Rebecca C. Ayaton

BUTUAN CITY, Oct. 12 (PIA)
-- Under the Provincial Adolescent and Youth Health Development Program of the Provincial Health Office, the local government of Agusan del Norte province is set to launch the Provincial Youth Congress.

Provincial Health Officer Dr. Elizabeth N. Campado said the congress will be conducted on October 20 at the Provincial Training Center, Agusan del Norte Provincial Capitol, in this city.

Campado added that officials of the Sangguniang Kabataan all over the province will be the participants in the said congress.

Meanwhile, Agusan del Norte Gov. Erlpe John M. Amante and Department of Health Caraga Regional Director Leonita P. Gorgolon are expected to be the guests of honor of the upcoming activity. (MRA with reports from RGE/ PIA-Caraga)

.
Army recovers rebels’ cache

LIANGA, Surigao del Sur, Oct. 12 (PIA)
-- The 29th Infantry Battalion of 401st Infantry “Unite N’ Fight” Brigade recovered New People’s Army (NPA) cache during the firefight with more or less 20 rebels at Sitio Mimi, Barangay Layog, Tago, Surigao del Sur on the morning of November 10.

According to Col. Henry A Robinson Jr., commanding officer of 29th IB said the firefight lasted for 30 minutes which resulted to the recovery of several improvised explosive devices, ammunitions for AK47 rifle and other personal belongings owned by members of Guerilla Front 19B under a certain “Ka Mitchie.”

In the investigation, it was revealed that four NPAs got wounded in action after the military troops traced many blood stains along the rebel route of withdrawal.

“The successful seizure of combat materials was a result of effective information given by the community. The cooperation of the populace with the government forces is a huge contribution to the peace, security and development of our country. Thus, we should maintain unity and vigilance to prevent the risks and losses of life of the Filipino people,” says Col. Romeo G. Gan, Commander of 401st Brigade.

Gan commended the troops for the success of their mission, “I am proud of my men for they performed their mission very well. Despite of high risks and hardships in the field they remain responsive and committed to the service.”

Meanwhile the 29IB was directed to pursue military operation in the area. (29IB, PIA-Caraga)

.
BFAR declares sea foods from Surigao del Sur safe

by Jasmin Reyes

AGUSAN DEL SUR, Oct. 12 (PIA)
-- The latest shellfish bulletin released by the Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources Sea declared all edible sea products from Surigao del Sur safe and negative from “Red Tide Toxin.”

Produced from the municipalities of Hinatuan, Bislig and Lianga in Surigao del Sur, these sea products are sold in major markets in Agusan del Sur particularly in the municipalities of San Francisco, Trento and the city of Bayugan.

The “Red Tide Toxin” came from large concentration of different kinds of algae and other organisms from the ocean that bring toxic elements and contaminate sea foods and other shells that inhabit in the sea. People who eat the contaminated shells and other sea products will suffer paralytic shellfish poisoning which can eventually cause death. (PIA-Agusan del Sur)

.
Cebuano news: Hisgutanang kalambuan sa Butuan, gituki

ni Rio Connie Leah M. Flores

BUTUAN CITY, Okt. 12 (PIA)
-– Gituki ang mga hisgutanang kalambuan sa dakbayan atol sa gipahigayong City Development Council (CDC) meeting, dili pa lang dugay.

Sa pagpanguna ni Mayor Ferdinand M. Amante, Jr., Hon. Ernesto P. Amora, Presidente sa Liga ng Punong barangay, Engr. Atenedo E. Milloren, City Development Council Secretary, ug gitambungan sa mga kapitan sa 86 ka barangay sa Butuan ug nagkadaiyang representante sa mga Non- Government Organizations/ Private Organizations, nahimong mabungahon ang panaghisgut-hisgot.

Nahisgutan sa maong pulong ang pag aprobar sa mga resolution sa CDC sama sa Resolution No. 03-2010 - A Resolution approving the 2011 – 2013 Executive – Legislative Agenda of the City Government of Butuan and for other purposes; CDC Resolution No. 04-2010 A Resolution authorizing the City Development Council Execom to approve the 2011 Annual Investment Program (AIP) of the City Government of Butuan based on the 2011 – 2013 Executive – Legislative Agenda and for other purposes CDC Resolution No. 05 -2010 A Resolution authorizing the City Development Council Execom to approve the 2011- 2013 twenty percent (20%) development fund budget of the City Government of Butuan based on the 2011 – 2013 Executive – Legislative Agenda and 2011 Annual Investment program and for other purposes.

Tungod niini, gi–awhag ni Mayor Amante ang mga kapitanes sa 86 ka Barangay ni’ng dakbayan nga dasigun nila ang mga lumulupyo nga mubayad sa ilang property taxes, ingon man ang paglukat sa ilang cedula ug pag-ugmad sa ilang kaugalingong economic enterprise kay pinaagi niini, mugahin kini og dugang pundo para sa dakbayan. (Butuan City PIO/PIA-Caraga)

.
Cebuano news: Culmination program sa Senior Citizens Week, gipahigayon

ni Amandalyn R. Gutierrez

BUTUAN CITY, Okt. 12 (PIA)
-– Atol sa kasaulogan sa Senior Citizen’s Week, gipahigayon dili pa lang dugay ang culmination program sa Caraga State University (CSU) gym nga gitambungan sa mga nagkalain-laing chapter sa mga senior citizens organizations ni’ng dakbayan diin dul-an 2,000 ka mga katigulangan ang nitambong sa maong programa.

Nahimong mabulokon kini sa dihang ang garbo sa Agusan del Norte ug nailang banggiitang lider nga si Former Congressman Hon. Edelmiro A. Amante ang nahimong pinasidunggang dinapit.

Atol sa maong espesyal nga adlaw, gidalitan ang mga katigulangan sa mga sayaw ug awit diin gipakita usab sa maong mga lolo ug lola ang ilang kahanas taliwala sa ilang pangidaron.

Sa mensahe ni Vice Mayor Lawrence Fortun ug Councilor Erwin Dano, nagpasalamat sila sa tanang mga lolo ug lola nga nitambong ug nakadangat pa sa ilang pangidaron uban ang panghinaut nga lugwayan pa ang ilang kinabuhi sanglit giila usab ang atong mga katigulangan nga haligi sa atong dakbayan. (Butuan City PIO/PIA-Caraga)

.
Cebuano news: Farmers’ Field School Graduation Ceremony, ipahigayon

ni Ritchelle F. Encabo

BUTUAN CITY, Okt. 12 (PIA)
-- Human sa pipila ka mga adlaw nga pagtungha sa mga mag-uuma sa ilang Farmer’s Field School kon FFS, matapos na kini pinaagi sa pagpahigayon og Mass Graduation Ceremonies Season-Long Farmers’ Field School in Rice and Corn Production ubos sa temang: “Kalambuan sa kaumahan, Kinaiyahan Mapanalipdan, Kalawasan Maampingan, Galastuhan Makunhuran” karong umaabot Oktubre 13, 2011 sa Butuan City Multi Purpose Building Upper Doongan, ni’ng dakbayan.


Mukabat sa 400 ka mga mag-uuma ang mu-gradwar kung diin ang mga mamahimong pinasidunngang bisita mao si Mayor Ferdinand M. Amante Jr. ug si Dr. Edna M. Mabeza, OIC Executive Director sa Department of Agriculture sa Caraga.

Kini nga pagtungha gisugdan niadtong Hunyo ni’ng tuiga, sulod sa 16 ka semana, nga gipahaom sa usa ka adlaw matag semana. Tumong niini nga makakat-on ang matag mag-uuma sa pagpangandam sa yutang pagatamnan sa mais ug palay hangtod nga kini paga-anihon.

Ang mga barangay nga mu-partisipar sa maong kalihukan mao ang mosunod: Rice production – Brgy. Maug, Brgy. Camayahan, Brgy. Pinamangculan, Brgy. Libertad, Brgy. Ampayon, Brgy. Florida, Brgy. Lemon, Brgy. Mandamo, ug Brgy. Antongalon.

Samtang sa corn production, ang Brgy. Maibu ug Brgy. Mandamo mao lang ang gikatadang mu-gradwar. (Butuan City PIO/PIA-Caraga)

.
Cebuano news: Garantisadong Pambata Round-2 sa Kabarangayan ipahigayon

ni Jovelyn C. Mejorada

BUTUAN CITY, Okt. 12 (PIA)
-– Mupahigayon og Vitamin – A supplementation ang buhatan sa City Health Office (CHO) ngadto sa mga kabataan nga nag-edad 6 hangtud 59 ka bulan ug ingon man pagpamurga sa mga nag-edad 12 hangtud 71 ka bulan diin ipahigayon kini sa 86 ka barangay ni’ng dakbayan.

Kini nga kalihukan ipahigayon matag bulan sa Oktubre sa pagpanguna sa mga Barangay Health Workers (BHW) ug staff sa City Health Office alayon sa Garantisadong Pambata Program.

Kahinumduman nga gihatag ang unang hugna niini nga kalihukan niadtong bulan sa Abril ni’ng tuiga diin ubay-ubay nga mga kabataan ang nakabenipisyo niini.

Kini pinasubay sa adbokasiya sa atong panggamhanan ang paghatag ug paghatod sa bisan unsang serbisyo alang sa maayong panglawas ngadto sa mga kabataan. (Butuan City PIO/PIA-Caraga)

.
Cebuano News: Super Lolo ug Lola 2011, gipasidunggan

ni Amandalyn R. Gutierrez

BUTUAN CITY, Okt. 12 (PIA)
-– Gipasidunggan ang mga napiling Super Lolo ug Super Lola 2011 niadtong Sabado, October 8.2011 atol sa pagtak-op sa selebrasyon sa Senior Citizen’s Week nga gipahigayon didto sa Caraga State University (CSU) gym, ni’ng dakbayan.


Mahinumduman nga matag tuig magpili ang buhatan sa Senior Citizen’s Affair og Super Lolo ug Super Lola nga adunay pinakataas og edad sa mga Senior Citizens ni’ng dakbayan.

Napili nga Super Lolo mao si Lolo Arcadio Curita nga taga Brgy. Ambago ug nag edad sa 108 yrs. old ug ang Super Lola mao si Lola Juana Montilla nga 95 yrs old nga taga Brgy. Port Poyohon.

Sa maong kalihukan, gitunol ni konsehal Erwin Dano ang cash prizes nga balor Php1,000 pesos ug gift pack gikan sa Dunkin’ Donuts ngadto kang Lolo Arcadio ug kang Lola Juana.

Sa iyang mensahe, gipasabot Bise Mayor Atty. Lawrence Lemuel Fortun ngadto sa mga katigulangan ang iyang pasalamat sa kinaadman ug inspirasyon nga gipa-ambit nila nga mao’y giya ug panig-ingnan sa iyang mga gimbuhaton.

Kini nga panagtigum gitambungan usab ni Lolo Asislo Munda, kasamtangang Presidente sa FSCAP, Pastor Charlie Prior, Ms. Imelda Nonan, hepe sa OSCA ug ni Former Congressman Edelmiro A. Amante sa ikaduhang distrito sa Agusan del Norte. (Butuan City PIO/PIA-Caraga)

.
Cebuano news: Pag-organisa sa BESWM committee, gidasig sa DILG

ni Ruel Salcedo

BUTUAN CITY, Okt. 12 (PIA)
– Gidasig ni Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) City Director Romeo Solis ang tanang kabarangayan sa dakbayan sa pagmugna ug Brgy. Ecological Solid Waste Mngt. (BESWM) Committee, pinasubay sa Section 56, implementing Rules and Regulation sa Republic Act 9003 kon ang Ecological Solid Waste Mngt. Act.

Ang pag-organisa sa maong komitiba alayon sa programa nga gilusad ni Mayor Ferdinand M. Amante, Jr., ang Clean Ground Zero Waste, nga ipatuman sa 86 ka barangay dinhi sa dakbayan.

Usa sa mga Core Committee niini, mao ang Clean Brgys. diin ang chairman mao usab si Dir. Solis.

Mahinumduman nga niadtong Oktobre 3 ug Oktobre 5, 2011, mipailalom sa training ang mga miyembro sa BESWM ug ang community volunteers aron sa pagpangandam alang sa ipahigayon nga Massive Education Campaign nga ipatuman sa tanang suok sa kabarangayan. Kabahin niini ang pagbahin-bahin sa basura ngadto sa Malata ug Dili Malata.

Ang BESWM committee gilangkuban sa mga Brgy. Kapitanes isip chairman ug kagawad on Environment, SK Chairman, Principal sa eskwelahan, GPTA Pres., Representative sa Religious Sector, NGO’s, Negosyante ug Junkshop owners.

Ang mga miyembro niini nga kumitiba maoy natahasan sa pagmugna ug komprehensibo nga plano, gikan sa pag-edukar sa katawhan hangtod sa pagpatuman sa segregasyon sa basura ilabi na ang pagpangandam sa ipatuman nga polisiya ang “No Segregation, No Collection Policy” nga pagasugdan karong Nov. 11, 2011. (Butuan City PIO/PIA-Caraga)

.
Cebuano news: OFWs mipasalamat kang Pangulong Aquino sa pagtugot kanila nga magpadayon pagtrabaho didto sa Afghanistan

ni Susil D. Ragas

SURIGAO CITY, October 12 (PIA)
–- Liboan ka mga overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) ang mipadayag sa ilang dakong pagkamapasalamaton kang Pangulong Benigno S. Aquino III tungod sa pagtugot niini nga sila magpadayon sa pagtrabaho sa ilang tagsa-tagsa ka mga amo sa Afghanistan.

Sa sulat nga gipadala ngadto kang Chief Executive Carlo Echano usa ka Filipino nga nagtrabaho sa gobyerno sa Estados Unidos didto sa Afghanistan nga maoy nagrepresentar sa mokabat 4,000 OFWs, mipasalamat og dako sa Pangulo sa iyang “giniyahan nga desisyon sa pagtugot kanamo nga magpadayon kami sa among mga propesyon ug trabaho sa Afghanistan”.

Siya miingon nga bisan pa sa gipahayag nga kabalaka kabahin na sa ilang seguridad, ila gihapon gibati nga sila luwas og seguro nga magtrabaho sa “mga Amerikano ug NATO (North Atlantic Treaty Organization)-mga miyembrong agalon.”

“We thank you for appreciating the efforts of our American and NATO-member employers to keep us safe and secure in our work in an environment that aims to build peace in this part of the world,” ang maong sulat nag-ingon.

“We thank you for recognizing our hard work and acknowledging that our efforts are not only to support our families but also to build the economy of our country,” dugang niini.
Usa ka deployment ban ang gipagawas sa Pilipinas aron pagdili sa mga Filipino nga mobiyahe ngadto sa Afghanistan tungod sa risgo sa seguridad.

Apan si Executive Secretary Paquito Ochoa Jr. mianunsyo niadtong miaging Agosto nga kadtong mga Filipino nga atoa na nagtrabaho sa maong nasod dili na sakop sa maong ban.

"After making an assessment of the conditions in Afghanistan and Iraq based on input from the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), we have recommended that Filipino workers who are already employed in U.S. military bases and installations in these countries be allowed to remain there to continue their employment," si Ochoa miingon.


Ang Executive Secretary miingon, apan, nga ang maong kinatibuk-ang deployment ban sa Afghanistan lakip na usab ang Iraq nagpabilin pagihapon.

Ang kadaghanan sa 6,000 ka mga OFWs nagtrabaho sulod sa duha ka mga bases sa U.S didto sa Afghanistan—Bagram ug Kandahar Airfields. (PIA- Surigao del Norte)